Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodle Caramel Bars
Jan 17, 2018
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
- 1 Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
- 1 Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 1 cup softened butter, divided
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 bag (11 ounces) caramel bits or caramel squares, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix snickerdoodle cookie mix with 1/2 cup butter and 1 egg. Set aside cinnamon sugar packet from mix. Press dough into the bottom and 1/2” up the sides. Bake 10 minutes.
- While bottom layer is baking, mix the chocolate chunk cookie mix with remaining 1/2 cup butter and 1 egg according to package directions. Set aside.
- Caramel Layer: Place caramel in a small microwave safe bowl with cream. Using a microwave cook on high for 60 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Remove crust from oven. Pour warm caramel evenly on crust. Top with flatten scoops of chocolate chunk cookie dough. Leave space so caramel will show through.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of bars.
- Bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until the top layer looks done. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas