Double Decker Cookie Gooey Bars
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 24-30 bars
- 1 package Krusteaz Double Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
- 1 package Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Prepare peanut butter cookie mix according to package directions, using 1/4 cup of the butter and 1 egg. Press evenly into the bottom of prepared pan, spraying your hands with cooking spray as needed to prevent sticking.
3. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the peanut butter cookie layer. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the top, leaving a 1” border around the edge of the pan that has no milk (to prevent bubbling up).
4. Prepare the triple chocolate chunk cookie mix according to package directions, using the remaining 1/2 cup of butter and 1 egg. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough all over the sweetened condensed milk layer and flatten slightly with your fingers. Make sure to get cookie dough around the edges to seal the sweetened condensed milk in the center. Some will show through the bits of cookie dough.
5. Bake for 33-38 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Some of the sweetened condensed milk may be bubbling up around the edges. Cool completely before removing from pan and slicing. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas