Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35-38 minutes
Yields: one 8x8-inch pan
Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Gingerbread bars are so much FASTER AND EASIER than making gingerbread cookies!! The sprinkles and tangy cream cheese frosting will put everyone in a festive mood!!
- 1 package Krusteaz Gingerbread Cookie Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon, or to taste
Frosting - (one 14-ounce tub store-bought whipped cream cheese frosting OR)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons red, green, and white holiday sprinkles
For the Bars
- Heat oven to 350⁰F, line an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cook mix, egg, butter, molasses, and cinnamon and mix with a handheld electric mixer until combined.
- Turn dough out into prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula as necessary. Bake 25 to 28 minutes, or until center is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow bars to cool completely in pan on a wire rack before frosting.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, butter, and beat with a handheld electric mixer until smooth.
- Add confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, salt, and beat to incorporate and until frosting is smooth.
- Spread frosting evenly over bars. Top with sprinkles before slicing and serving.
- Bars will keep airtight at room temp for up to 5 days.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas