Honey Glazed Cornbread Donuts with Crumbled Bacon
Keeping breakfast and after school snacks interesting for the kids during back to school season can sometimes be a challenge. These honey glazed donuts made from cornbread are sure to be just the thing to satisfy little appetites!
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 7-8 donuts
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 package Krusteaz Honey Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
For Honey Glaze
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
1. Heat oven to 400°F and lightly grease donut pan.
2. Stir together milk, oil, egg and full box cornbread mix until moistened. Spoon batter into donut pan, filling 2/3 full. Bake 13-16 minutes or until light golden brown.
3. While donuts are baking, prepare the glaze by microwaving butter and honey until butter melts. Stir to blend completely.
4. Carefully remove donuts from pan, flipping each one over onto cooling rack. Immediately poke numerous holes in donuts with toothpick, and generously brush glaze over the tops of each one. Sprinkle bacon pieces over the top.
Eat Move Make
Liz is a mom of two kids in their twenties, one of whom recently joined her blog “Eat Move Make” full-time. Writing as a mother and daughter duo, Liz and Chanelle love spending time in the kitchen creating, testing and tweaking recipes, while trying out new kitchen tools and methods of preparation. They are the perfect example of how food brings families together! When she's not whipping up something in the kitchen with Chanelle, Liz loves to travel and share her new experiences with her readers.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas