Mardi Gras Pancakes
Feb 6, 2018
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6-7 4 inch pancakes
- 1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup colorful fruit flavored rice cereal
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- Heat pancake griddle to 375F. Lightly grease griddle. Stir pancake mix, water and orange juice together with a wire whisk - do not over mix. Gently stir in cereal and orange zest. Let batter stand 2 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle.
- Cook pancakes 1- 1 1/4 minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning only once.
- Creme Anglaise: In a small saucepan over medium high heat, bring heavy cream and vanilla to a slight boil around the edges. Once at a boil, remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of hot cream mixture to the egg yolks, whisking continuously. Transfer egg mixture to the saucepan with milk mixture. Continue to whisk until mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon.
- Top pancakes with Crème Anglaise and garnish with additional colorful fruit flavored rice cereal.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas