Patriotic Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars
Jun 23, 2016
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 40 min
Servings: 9 bars
- 1 package Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter, softened & divided
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Red, white & blue chocolate candies
For Cookie Bars
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place cookie mix, egg and 1/2 cup butter in a medium bowl. Stir together until dough forms, hand kneading if necessary. Press dough into a lightly greased, 8x8x2-inch pan.
- Bake 22-24 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely and cut into 9 bars.
For Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
- Whisk remaining ½ cup butter with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Add in vanilla and milk. Mix until smooth.
- Spread frosting on each cookie bar. Arrange chocolate candies to resemble the American flag.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas