Pumpkin Muffins with Maple Icing
Thanksgiving is coming, and if you’re like me, you’re already planning your menu (or if you’re an over-achiever, you’ve got your menu planned!). But I think people (myself included) often forget about Thanksgiving breakfast. We’re all so wrapped up in the perfect dinner presentation, but we have to eat breakfast too! Whether you’re brunching or eating as you fix up the turkey, breakfast is essential, even if it’s something as small (but filling) as a Pumpkin Muffin!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 22 min minutes
- Servings: 12 Muffins
- 1 package Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Line muffin pan with 12 paper liners. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together muffin mix, water, oil, egg and pumpkin pie spice with a rubber spatula until blended. Do not over-mix. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
3. Bake 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or with moist, not wet, crumbs. Cool for about 15 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, milk and powdered sugar until a soft icing forms. Dip the tops of the muffins into the icing and allow the excess icing to drip off. Return the muffins to a wire rack to set the icing. Store muffins airtight at room temperature.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas