Strawberry Lemonade Pound Cake
Strawberry lemonade is a summer classic and this pound cake combines two of those summer favorites. A luscious sweet lemon pound cake is infused with strawberries and topped with a strawberry glaze. It’s a must-have this summer for all lemon lovers.
For the cake:
- 1 package Meyer Lemon Pound Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup lemonade
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons strawberry compote
For the glaze:
- Lemon glaze mix (included in mix)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon strawberry compote
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a small (6-cup) bundt cake pan or a 8 x 4 -inch loaf pan.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together cake mix, water, lemonade and melted butter until blended. Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Dollop the strawberry compote over batter and swirl with a knife. Top with the rest of the batter and smooth.
- 3. Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool 5 minutes in pan.
- 4. Gently loosen and remove from pan. Cool cake completely before drizzling with glaze
- 5. For Glaze: Whisk together lemon glaze mix (enclosed), water and strawberry compote until glaze is desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled pound cake. Allow glaze to set before serving.
A Classic Twist
A Classic Twist's Zainab Storms is the home chef, baker, neuroscientist, world traveler, mom, and voice behind A Classic Twist. For Zainab, cooking and baking began as a grad-school hobby, a way to de-stress and express her creativity while earning her Ph.D. in neuroscience. She enjoyed experimenting with new recipes and techniques and quickly realized that, with a bit of experience and background knowledge, putting her unique spin on the recipes she loved was simple and rewarding. Now, there’s nothing she enjoys more than being spontaneous in the kitchen, guided by her own instincts and curiosity. Zainab brings that candid spirit to her site, sharing recipes inspired by her travels and the flavors she loves and showing readers how to relax and tune into their own intuition.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas