Savory Crepe Pockets
Prep 10 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
Servings 6 Servings
1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1 ½ cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE CREPE SQUARE FILLING:
6 strips cooked bacon
1 cup bell peppers chopped
6 slices cheddar cheese
- // Preheat oven to 350F. In a bowl, whisk pancake mix, milk, egg and vanilla extract until no longer lumpy. The batter will be runny.
- // Heat a large non-stick pan with a light coating of cooking oil on medium-low heat. Pour 1/3 cup of batter in the pan. Rotate pan around so that the batter evenly coats the pan.
- // Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the edges start to curl, or brown. Use a pancake spatula to slowly peel crepe from the pan, using your fingers to pull as well. Flip, cooking for about 30 seconds, then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat until all crepes are made.
- // Place crepe on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and add egg. Break up cheese slice and place around the egg, followed by bacon and bell pepper to taste.
- // Fold in each side of the crepe to form a square. If you find the crepe is having trouble sticking, use some of the egg white as it will stick to the crepe like glue.
- // Place in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes, until egg white is opaque. Season with kosher salt and cracked black pepper and serve. Enjoy!