Savory Crepe Pockets
1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1 ½ cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE CREPE SQUARE FILLING:
6 strips cooked bacon
1 cup bell peppers chopped
6 slices cheddar cheese
- // Preheat oven to 350F. In a bowl, whisk pancake mix, milk, egg and vanilla extract until no longer lumpy. The batter will be runny.
- // Heat a large non-stick pan with a light coating of cooking oil on medium-low heat. Pour 1/3 cup of batter in the pan. Rotate pan around so that the batter evenly coats the pan.
- // Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the edges start to curl, or brown. Use a pancake spatula to slowly peel crepe from the pan, using your fingers to pull as well. Flip, cooking for about 30 seconds, then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat until all crepes are made.
- // Place crepe on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and add egg. Break up cheese slice and place around the egg, followed by bacon and bell pepper to taste.
- // Fold in each side of the crepe to form a square. If you find the crepe is having trouble sticking, use some of the egg white as it will stick to the crepe like glue.
- // Place in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes, until egg white is opaque. Season with kosher salt and cracked black pepper and serve. Enjoy!
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas