Jan 17, 2017
My family loves amusement parks! We spend most of our vacations at these type of places! A favorite treat is always the churro! All the way from my husband down to my baby sucking on churros before she even has teeth. We all love them. So of course these churro waffles were a huge hit in our home. Use them for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even top them with ice cream and caramel for dessert!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4-5 waffles
- 3 cups Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream
- 1.Heat waffle iron (grease if needed).
- 2.In a large mixing bowl, stir waffle mix, water, eggs, and oil with a wire whisk until smooth. Let batter rest 2 minutes.
- 3.Pour about 2/3 cup batter onto waffle iron or 1/3 into each square if using a square waffle maker. Cook waffles for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- 4.Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and place on a flat plate.
- 5.Brush the melted butter onto one side of the waffle. Place waffle face down on cinnamon sugar mixture. Make sure the waffle gets completely coated.
- 6.Brush butter on the other side and flip and cover the other side entirely with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 7.Top with whipped cream and berries.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas