Milk and Cookie Shots
Dec 5, 2016
When I think about New Years Eve recipes I wish it was some glamorous thing! But as a mom of 4 young kids New Years Eve is more about banging pots and pans, blow horns, family friendly food, and trying to make it until the ball drops! So when asked to create a New Years Eve recipe these cookie and milk shot glasses came in mind! These can be filled with all kinds of stuff and are fun for the entire family! My kids (and a few neighbor kids) went crazy over these!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 3 hours
- Servings: 12 shots
- 1 package Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. If necessary, soften cold butter in microwave on HIGH power for 10-15 seconds. For best results, do not melt butter.
- 2. Stir together egg, butter and cookie mix until dough forms, hand kneading if necessary. Use a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop and scoop dough into silicon shot glass mold. Use a very small spatula or a little spoon to spread dough to the bottom and all around mold. Make sure not to leave any gaps or you will have holes. Cover sides and top of the mold completely to make the bottom of the shot glass.
- 3. Place mold on baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the top turns golden brown. Remove and let cool. Don’t remove quite yet. Place mold in the freezer for an hour or two.
- 4. Once frozen, remove and place 1 cup chocolate chips in microwave and melt down in 30 second intervals. Use a small spatula to cover the inside of the shot glasses completely with chocolate. Place back in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- 5. Remove and fill with milk and serve!
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas