Apple Cider Pancakes
Servings: 10-12 four inch pancakes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups apples, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
For the pancakes:
- 2 cups Krusteaz Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup apple, cored and diced
- Heat pancake griddle to 375°F. Lightly grease griddle
- For Topping: In a heavy bottomed pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon to the pan and sauté, while stirring regularly, until apples are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk pancake mix with apple cider, water, and cinnamon. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Gently fold in diced apples. Let batter stand 2 minutes.
- Pour slightly less than ¼ cup batter per pancake onto griddle.
- Cook pancakes 1 ½-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning only once.
- Spoon warm topping over pancakes.
Seaside Baker, written by Jackie Bruchez, is a blog with all kinds of festive recipes. Jackie has always been fascinated by food, and about 5 years ago, Jackie's husband gifted her with a new camera and a domain name for Christmas. This is where The Seaside Baker came to life. Since then, Jackie has created more than 500 hundred drool-worthy recipes. Jackie loves to use her travels abroad and her Italian upbringing as her main sources of inspiration. You can find Jackie either in her own garden or at the Farmer's Market every Saturday followed by a full day in the kitchen on Sunday creating something delicious.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas