Bacon, Cheddar, and Egg Casserole
Jan 25, 2017
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45-50 minutes
Servings: 1 9x9-inch square pan, 8-10 servings
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- 10 slices bacon, cooked, drained and diced small, divided
- 4 green onions, trimmed and sliced into think rounds plus more for garnishing if desired
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9x9-inch pan with cooking spray and evenly drizzle with ¼ cup melted butter, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pancake mix, ½ cup milk, remaining ¼ cup melted butter and 1 egg; whisk until smooth. Pour over melted butter in pan; set aside.
- Evenly sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese and with half the bacon.
- In a large bowl, add remaining milk, remaining 3 eggs, green onions, pepper and whisk to combine. Evenly pour over the cheese and bacon in pan.
- Evenly top with 1 cup cheese and bacon and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and set in the center.
- Garnish with additional green onions and serve immediately.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas