Bacon, Cheddar, and Egg Casserole
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45-50 minutes
Servings: 1 9x9-inch square pan, 8-10 servings
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- 10 slices bacon, cooked, drained and diced small, divided
- 4 green onions, trimmed and sliced into think rounds plus more for garnishing if desired
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9x9-inch pan with cooking spray and evenly drizzle with ¼ cup melted butter, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pancake mix, ½ cup milk, remaining ¼ cup melted butter and 1 egg; whisk until smooth. Pour over melted butter in pan; set aside.
- Evenly sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese and with half the bacon.
- In a large bowl, add remaining milk, remaining 3 eggs, green onions, pepper and whisk to combine. Evenly pour over the cheese and bacon in pan.
- Evenly top with 1 cup cheese and bacon and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and set in the center.
- Garnish with additional green onions and serve immediately.
Averie Sunshine blogging in 2009 as a way to share recipes, and what began as a little hobby, has turned into one of the best things she’s ever done. Sharing recipes, connecting with readers, making lots of friends along the way, and cooking up a storm has been so much fun for Averie.
Averie’s recipes are geared toward real life and the average person who wants fast and easy meals, ready in under 30 minutes, and that taste amazing. You’ll feel proud serving her easy dinners and fuss-free desserts to your family and friends. She uses common, everyday ingredients so you won’t be chasing all over town or spending an arm and a leg on specialty groceries.
In June 2013, her first cookbook, Peanut Butter Comfort: Recipes for Breakfasts, Brownies, Cakes, Cookies, Candies, and Frozen Treats Featuring America’s Favorite Spread , was released. In October 2014, her second cookbook, Cooking with Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie, was released.
When Averie is not cooking or taking pictures of the food she creates, you can find her outdoor running, running half marathons, and spending time with her daughter.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas