Pumpkin Muffins with Carrot and Nuts
A moist spiced muffin packed with all your fall favorite flavors – pumpkin, cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. This is the perfect way to start your morning or enjoy as an afternoon snack.
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 36 minutes
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix
- a dash of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin cup with liners.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients
- 3. In a large bowl mix the carrots, eggs, oil and water. Stir in the muffin mix, nutmeg and ground cinnamon. Finally, stir in the chopped walnuts.
- 4. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle each muffin with streusel topping, clumping the streusel as you go.
- 5. Bake 14-16 minutes until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- 6. Store cooled muffins in tightly covered container.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas