Pumpkin Muffins with Carrot and Nuts
A moist spiced muffin packed with all your fall favorite flavors – pumpkin, cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. This is the perfect way to start your morning or enjoy as an afternoon snack.
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 36 minutes
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix
- a dash of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin cup with liners.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients
- 3. In a large bowl mix the carrots, eggs, oil and water. Stir in the muffin mix, nutmeg and ground cinnamon. Finally, stir in the chopped walnuts.
- 4. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle each muffin with streusel topping, clumping the streusel as you go.
- 5. Bake 14-16 minutes until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- 6. Store cooled muffins in tightly covered container.
A Classic Twist
A Classic Twist's Zainab Storms is the home chef, baker, neuroscientist, world traveler, mom, and voice behind A Classic Twist. For Zainab, cooking and baking began as a grad-school hobby, a way to de-stress and express her creativity while earning her Ph.D. in neuroscience. She enjoyed experimenting with new recipes and techniques and quickly realized that, with a bit of experience and background knowledge, putting her unique spin on the recipes she loved was simple and rewarding. Now, there’s nothing she enjoys more than being spontaneous in the kitchen, guided by her own instincts and curiosity. Zainab brings that candid spirit to her site, sharing recipes inspired by her travels and the flavors she loves and showing readers how to relax and tune into their own intuition.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas