Skillet Apple Cinnamon Cornbread Cobbler
Serves: 6-8 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- One package Krusteaz Honey Cornbread Mix
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Two (21oz) cans apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Ice cream and caramel sauce for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, Greek yogurt, melted butter, egg, and brown sugar together with a spatula until a stiff dough comes together. Set aside.
- Spoon the apple pie filling into a 12” cast iron skillet in an even layer. Drop ¼ cup-size dollops of cornbread mixture over the top of the apple pie filling.
- Combine sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle the top of the cornbread
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the tops of the cornbread are solid to the touch and golden brown.
- Cool five minutes, then serve with ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired.
The Domestic Rebel
Hayley likes to bake… a lot. And she’s fearless in the kitchen. As a completely self-taught baker, she loves easy, no-fuss recipes that taste like you’ve been baking all day but give real people plenty of time outside the kitchen! After all, it’s the thoughtfulness and love of the treat that speaks volumes – not how much time or how many fancy ingredients you’ve used! At just 24, she’s wise beyond her years and knows that using everyday, easily accessible items can still create unique, one-of-a-kind desserts.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas