Spicy Cheddar Chorizo Cornbread Muffins
Jan 24, 2018
Yield: 12-14 muffins
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 43 minutes
- 1 lb ground chorizo
- 1 package of Krusteaz Honey Cornbread Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 medium jalapeños (optional) – one diced, one sliced
- ¼ red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- Cook ground chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Allow to cool and drain excess grease.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease muffin pan bottom and sides
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine mix, milk, oil and egg. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add cooked chorizo, shredded cheese, one diced jalapeno, and bell pepper to the batter. Stir until well combined.
- Scoop batter into each muffin cup, about ¾ full. Top with a piece of sliced jalapeño.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. Use a toothpick to check the center of the muffin.
- Serve warm and store extras in the refrigerator in an airtight container
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas