Spicy Cheddar Chorizo Cornbread Muffins
Yield: 12-14 muffins
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 43 minutes
- 1 lb ground chorizo
- 1 package of Krusteaz Honey Cornbread Muffin Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 medium jalapeños (optional) – one diced, one sliced
- ¼ red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- Cook ground chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Allow to cool and drain excess grease.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease muffin pan bottom and sides
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine mix, milk, oil and egg. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add cooked chorizo, shredded cheese, one diced jalapeno, and bell pepper to the batter. Stir until well combined.
- Scoop batter into each muffin cup, about ¾ full. Top with a piece of sliced jalapeño.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. Use a toothpick to check the center of the muffin.
- Serve warm and store extras in the refrigerator in an airtight container
Julianne is the owner and founder of Beyond Frosting, a dessert blog focusing on easy to create desserts for the novice chef and fun enough for even an experienced baker. First and foremost, Beyond Frosting is about sharing a passion for creating desserts and spreading happiness through the power of food. Julianne is the author of the No-Bake Treats cookbook: 80 mouthwatering recipes that don’t require you to turn on the oven. Julianne grew up on the east coast and now calls the Pacific Northwest home. She lives with her fiance and when she's not in the kitchen, you can find her in the mountains.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas