Holiday Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Nov 14, 2016
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total time: about 1 hour
Yield: one 8x8-inch pan
- 1 package Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, softened
- ¼ cup red, green, and white holiday flat sprinkles (jimmies)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (lite okay)
- ¼ cup (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons red, green, and white holiday sprinkles (jimmies or your favorite)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F, line an 8x8-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. To a large bowl, add the package of cookie mix, egg, butter, and mix to stir to combine.
- 3. Stir in ¼ cup sprinkles.
- 4. Press dough into prepared pan and bake for about 24 to 26 minutes, or until center is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely before frosting.
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and butter; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and salt; continue mixing on low speed until frosting is smooth.
- 2. Spread frosting evenly over bars.
- 3. Evenly sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sprinkles. Slice and serve.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas