Strawberry Pancake Mini Donuts
Jan 17, 2017
These sweet strawberry baked donuts dunked in a cream cheese glaze are the perfect special breakfast for your sweetheart of any age. All the fun of a donut with the ease of a pancake mix.
Prep Time: 4 Minutes
Total Time: 16 minutes
Servings: 20 mini donuts
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 1/3 cups cold water
- 2 Tbsp strawberry extract
- A few drops pink food coloring
- 1. In a small mixing bowl, beat or whisk cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add in milk 1 tablespoon at a time and beat until it is the consistency of a thick glaze. Cover and set aside.
- 2. Heat pancake griddle maker until "ready" or oven to 350°F if using donut pan.
- 3. Stir pancake mix, cold water and strawberry extract together with a wire whisk. Stir in a few drops of pink coloring and let batter sit for 2 minutes.
- 4. Fill pancake griddle or donut cavities with batter and bake 5-6 minutes. (Tip: use a 1/4 cup and small spatula to pour mix into cavities).
- 5. Gently remove from donut maker or pan. Once cooled, dip in cream cheese glaze and serve.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas