Gingerbread Waffles with Coconut Syrup
Jan 2, 2018
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4-5 waffles
- 3 cups Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- Coconut Syrup
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- Toasted coconut shavings, for garnish
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Heat and lightly grease waffle iron.
- Whisk together waffle mix, spices, milk, eggs, oil, and molasses until smooth. Let batter stand 2 minutes.
- Pour 2/3 cup batter onto waffle iron. Cook waffles 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat process until 4-5 waffles are made.
- Prepare coconut syrup by whisking together coconut milk and cornstarch in a small sauce pan until smooth. Pour in the corn syrup, sugar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and whisk in extract. Cool completely before serving.
- Serve waffles with coconut syrup, toasted coconut, and fresh raspberries, if desired.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas