Dark Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies
Prep 15 Minutes
Total Time 25 Minutes
Servings 20-22 Cookies
1 package Krusteaz Gingerbread Cookie Mix
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup dark chocolate melting wafers or dark chocolate chips
Holiday sprinkles for topping, if desired
- // Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- // In a medium bowl, add Krusteaz Gingerbread Cookie Mix, egg, and butter. Stir and/or use hands to knead until mixture forms a dough, may take several minutes.
- // Drop 1 rounded tablespoon of dough onto prepared pan and spread cookies 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough.
- // Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges of cookies are browned. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- // Once cookies are completely cooled, add dark chocolate wafers/chips to a small bowl.
- // Microwave on medium power for about 2 minutes to melt, stirring every 15 seconds so it doesn't burn.
- // Working one cookie at a time, dip halfway into chocolate and then place onto parchment paper to set.
- // Sprinkle tops of chocolate with holiday sprinkles.