Dark Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies
1 package Krusteaz Gingerbread Cookie Mix
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup dark chocolate melting wafers or dark chocolate chips
Holiday sprinkles for topping, if desired
- // Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- // In a medium bowl, add Krusteaz Gingerbread Cookie Mix, egg, and butter. Stir and/or use hands to knead until mixture forms a dough, may take several minutes.
- // Drop 1 rounded tablespoon of dough onto prepared pan and spread cookies 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough.
- // Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges of cookies are browned. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- // Once cookies are completely cooled, add dark chocolate wafers/chips to a small bowl.
- // Microwave on medium power for about 2 minutes to melt, stirring every 15 seconds so it doesn't burn.
- // Working one cookie at a time, dip halfway into chocolate and then place onto parchment paper to set.
- // Sprinkle tops of chocolate with holiday sprinkles.
Pumpkin 'N Spice
Gayle loves to bake and cook…but that wasn’t always the case! In college, she was teased by her friends for her lack of domestic skills, as she really didn’t know her way around the kitchen. But, fast forward years later, Gayle found her true passion in life. Her blog, Pumpkin ‘N Spice, is geared towards family-friendly, easy, and no-fuss recipes that anyone can make. Gayle believes that breakfasts, dinners, desserts, and everything in between can be made with simple ingredients and minimal prep time. After all, who has hours to spend in the kitchen when life can be so hectic?
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas