Easy Almond Cookie Cups
For The Cookie:
1 large egg
½ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 box Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
For The Filling:
7 ounces white chocolate
4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
¼ cup sliced almonds
- // For The Cookies: Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray or Crisco.
- // In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine cookie mix, butter, egg and almond extract and beat until well mixed.
- // Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into each mini muffin cavity.
- // Bake 12-14 minutes until the cookie dough is lightly golden brown. Allow the cookie cups to cool for 15-20 minutes. While the cookies are still warm, use the back of a measuring spoon to press into the center of each cookie to make a cup shape.
- // Remove cookie cups gently and allow to cool completely.
- // For the Filling: Combine the white chocolate and heavy whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 60-90 seconds, stirring occasionally. Microwave until chocolate is completely melted and stir until smooth.
- // Use a spoon or piping bag to fill the center of each cookie cup. Sprinkled with sliced almonds.
- // Allow the filling to cool and set completely. Store in an airtight container, or freeze up to two weeks,
- // Variations: Snickerdoodle White Chocolate, Peppermint Chocolate Chip and Peppermint White Chocolate
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas