Easy Almond Cookie Cups
For The Cookie:
1 large egg
½ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 box Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
For The Filling:
7 ounces white chocolate
4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
¼ cup sliced almonds
- // For The Cookies: Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray or Crisco.
- // In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine cookie mix, butter, egg and almond extract and beat until well mixed.
- // Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into each mini muffin cavity.
- // Bake 12-14 minutes until the cookie dough is lightly golden brown. Allow the cookie cups to cool for 15-20 minutes. While the cookies are still warm, use the back of a measuring spoon to press into the center of each cookie to make a cup shape.
- // Remove cookie cups gently and allow to cool completely.
- // For the Filling: Combine the white chocolate and heavy whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 60-90 seconds, stirring occasionally. Microwave until chocolate is completely melted and stir until smooth.
- // Use a spoon or piping bag to fill the center of each cookie cup. Sprinkled with sliced almonds.
- // Allow the filling to cool and set completely. Store in an airtight container, or freeze up to two weeks,
- // Variations: Snickerdoodle White Chocolate, Peppermint Chocolate Chip and Peppermint White Chocolate
Julianne is the owner and founder of Beyond Frosting, a dessert blog focusing on easy to create desserts for the novice chef and fun enough for even an experienced baker. First and foremost, Beyond Frosting is about sharing a passion for creating desserts and spreading happiness through the power of food. Julianne is the author of the No-Bake Treats cookbook: 80 mouthwatering recipes that don’t require you to turn on the oven. Julianne grew up on the east coast and now calls the Pacific Northwest home. She lives with her fiance and when she's not in the kitchen, you can find her in the mountains.
Keep it real in the kitchen with these fun ideas